The technological changes we broadly associate with the ‘fourth industrial revolution’ – 5G networks, big data, AI, internet of things (IoT), automation, digital platforms – are transforming the ways we live and work. There are significant issues emerging that require society to rethink the relationship between employers and employees; and require businesses to understand and prepare for the future workforce.
About the Verizon Studio
Together with Xynteo, Verizon are building an active community committed to shaping the future of work. We will explore opportunities to survive and thrive in a digital world through promoting fair and ongoing access to learning; redeploying displaced workers; reimagining future workspaces; and sharing ways that 5G-connectivity can help stimulate regional growth and counterbalance inequality.
Diverse participants from across industries, innovators, academics, students, policy-makers, artists, creatives and community representatives will join forces in this Studio to generate fresh insights, seek opportunities to shape the future of work, and set an agenda for the year ahead.
On day one, we will interrogate the complex nature of the pre-defined problem areas and explore the specific needs of all stakeholders. On day two, keen stakeholder insight will be the basis for identifying potential solutions within these problem areas, with the aim of developing pilot projects that can deliver both human and commercial value in the rapidly changing world of work. Finally, we will select the most promising concepts to take to the Marketplace and share with the wider group of Exchange participants.
Date and time: 9 October, 1230 - 1730 & 10 October, 0830 - 1300
Location: Henie Onstad, Sonja Henies vei 31, 1311 Høvikodden, Norway
- Tone Hansen, Museum Director, Henie Onstad Kunstsenter
- Rich Montgomery, Group Vice President, International, Verizon
- Hans Vestberg, Chairman and CEO, Verizon
- Toby Redshaw, SVP Enterprise Innovation and 5G Solutions, Verizon
- Solve Sæbø, Professor in statistics and Prorector of education, NMBU
- Xiaolu Zhang-Coenen, Leadership and commercial development, Shell
- Øistein Christoffersen, Teacher, Bogstad Primary School
- Veronica Nyhan Jones, Manager- sustainable infrastructure advisory, IFC