24 Jan Project Manager needed for an exciting opportunity based in Istanbul
Project Manager – Embark
“Match, mentor and make happen!”
Embark is a reverse mentoring service connecting young Syrians, especially women, and established Turkish business leaders to exchange ideas and build meaningful connections. Embark is urgently seeking a project manager for its Istanbul pilot, starting as soon as possible running until June/July 2018.
- Co-ordinate, develop and deliver the pilot project activities on the ground – both strategic and operational. Key milestones include:
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to recruit mentors and mentees for the mentoring program
- Prepare materials for, attend and organise the Embark Pilot Launch/Ice-breaker session to deliver a positive first experience for all participants.
- Produce written and digital communications to engage mentors and mentees for participation in the pilot, to agreed timeframes
- Support mentoring process by checking in with participants and mitigating any challenges.
- Work with partners to coordinate their contributions ensuring successful delivery of the Embark pilot objectives.
- Work with Xynteo to actively co-ordinate the monthly Steering Committee Meetings and prepare relevant materials.
- Provide regular communications and updates to the project sponsor, partners and participants, including
- Unilever Turkey (pilot sponsor)
- United Work (delivery partner)
- GDN (delivery partner)
- Xynteo Ltd (advisor)
- Capture key learnings, track and report impact of Embark activities to share with the sponsors.
- Build a pipeline of additional companies to engage for participation and recruitment to join the program.
- Ideally 2-4 year’s experience in project management
- Good communications skills, and ability to engage well with senior business leaders
- Confident and articulate communicator
- Strong written and presentation skills, including ability to create compelling materials in PowerPoint
- ‘Can do’ attitude, self-starter and problem solver
- Languages – English, Arabic and ideally Turkish
- Ideally Syrian or other foreign national with residence permit or temporary protection status
- The candidate will report to Xynteo.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 3-6 month contract running until of June (depends on timing of hire)
- Location: United Work office, Istanbul
- Formal employment through Ranstad payroll service (local declaration, payment of payroll taxes, employer and salary payments)
To apply for this position, please submit a sample of your written work alongside your CV to Çizgi Eryılmaz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Embark is a reverse mentoring service connecting young Syrians, especially women, and established Turkish business leaders to exchange ideas and build meaningful connections. Our vision is:
A future where Syrian refugees are well integrated into the Turkish community, and acknowledged as an important part of the Turkish economy.
Our long-term ambition is to build better social cohesion between the approx. 3-5m Syrian’s in Turkey and local communities by building personal and professional networks that enable them to better understand and learn from each other.
Embark’s reverse mentoring service focusses on empowering young Syrians (especially women) to connect with Turkish business leaders – to help develop insights into each other’s world’s. Our partners enable us to increase the impact further, by matching the women to work opportunities too, accelerating their opportunities to contribute to Turkey’s economy and build a sustainable livelihood in Turkey.
Embark was developed as part of Xynteo’s Leadership Vanguard programme (short video clip here) that brings together senior leaders from international organisations to develop projects that sit at the intersection of human needs and commercial interests within the themes of resource scarcity, environmental challenges, migration, and social exclusion.